- 2.3 million American suffer from “Anxiety Disorders.”
- 1/3 of the population make a New Years resolution to begin a stress management program.
- 80 percent of health care dollars are spent on stress related disorders.
- 46 percent of the American population say they fell highly stressed.
- More than 2, 000 self-help books are published each year, producing sales of $500 million.
- Americans buy 1/3 of all anti-anxiety pills sold worldwide each year, while they make up only 5% of the world’s population.
- 60-80 percent of industrial accidents are due to stressed out workers.
- The word stress entered the American vernacular in 1956, when Hans Selye published “The Stress of Life”
It may not be possible to remove the stress from a busy life. However, with the help of your chiropractic doctor, you can respond better to the unique challenges you face.